Department of Mechanical Engineering
At SVIET College, the Mechanical Engineering program is designed to provide students with the breadth and depth of knowledge and skills required to excel in the design, fabrication, and maintenance of a wide range of objects, from everyday items like safety pins to cutting-edge technologies like spacecraft. Our curriculum caters to those who have a passion for working with both massive machines and intricate precision instruments and devices. By joining our Mechanical Engineering program. Explore the limitless potential of Mechanical Engineering at SVIET College.
HOD Of Mechanical Engineering
Dr. D. RAJA RAMESH, M.Tech., Ph.D.
With the outstanding performance in academics, the cherry on the cake for the department is its student clubs and the professional body memberships.
Society of Automative Engineers (SAE) : SAE is a non-profit body that promotes & undertakes initiatives for knowledge dissemination & advancement in mobility technologies catering to land, sea, air & space. The society based at USA, spreads its wings over 150,000 memberships in around 100 nations.
BAJA : The BAJA SAE Series an event for the undergraduate engineering students organized globally by the SAE. It tasks the students to design, build, test and validate a single seater four wheeled All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) in which around 500 student teams from various parts if the country. The team invincible 2.0 from the department is composed of 25 hard working and dedicated students from the final and pre- final years. The sedulous team work has been appreciated by the Chief Minister of the State, Sri.N.ChandraBabu Naidu during his visit to the college.
SUPRA: Under the SAE, is another event named SUPRA, which throws forward a competition of the design and fabrication of a racing car. Team Svayukti emerged out with glorious success, taking onwards the legacy of the college standing in the 27th among 250 teams across the country.
ELECTRIC SOLAR VEHICLE CHALLENGE (ESVC): TEAM Vikranta, the all energetic 25 membered team made their mark by securing the 5th position in the E-BAJA’15 from a competition of 300 odd teams. The team has also participated in the Asia’s Largest Solar Vehicle Racing Event and was bestowed upon with the “Best Appreciation Award”.
GO-KART:Enthusiasm is all that a Go-Kart puts in. “National Go-kart Design Challenge – 2016” is an event that deals with the designing and building of a Go-Karting Vehicle. “Team Aadhya”, a 16 membered all-girls team from the department have showed all their prowess by standing 40th in the National level. Also, the team has proved its worth in the prestigious “ Vishnu Kart Championship’16, projecting the spirit of team work.
(ISHRAE): “Indian society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air conditioning (ISHRAE) was started from 2016”.
Those who wants to develop/acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and skills required to design fabricate and maintenance of things ranging from a safety pin to a space craft. Those who are interested to work with massive machines to tiny precision instruments/devices
Opportunities for Mechanical Engineers are ubiquitous. The following sectors will give an idea of the range of industries in which mechanical engineers can aspire job opportunities : Automobile, Aviation, Construction, Defence manufacturing, Power Sector (Thermal /Hydal/Nuclear), CAD/CAM/CAE, Oil and Gas, Renewable Energy, Railways, Space, Ports and Shipping, Mining, Leather, Pharmaceuticals
The Indian Economy, in the coming years, will continue to flourish by leaps and bounds. And this can be observed considering the following aspects of our economy today.
- Growth rate of Indian economy
- Robust policies
- Push for Infrastructure development
- Promotion of new Start-ups
- Ease in obtaining bank loans, Licenses, Registrations etc
- Sizable overseas investment
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Emphasis on Make in India.
Each of these points is self sufficient to ensure the Mechanical Engineers will never run out of jobs. Mechanical Engineering Program at SVIET has designed its curriculum to produce globally competent mechanical engineers with sound fundamentals and strong understanding of professional ethical and social responsibilities
Unique features of the Department:
- Faculty with 02 PhDs, 1 Pursuing PhD and 5 Assistant Professors with well experience.
- The Course is accredited by NBA in the year 2019.
- Accredited by NAAC with Grade “A” in the year 2019.
- MOU s with VIDAL NDT & SSD Polymers.
- Fully equipped laboratories as many as 12 in numbers.
- 250 Mbps Internet facility.
- Separate Department Library (With 160 volumes), apart from Central Library.
- Self-learning materials, e-journals and Video lectures.
- Certification Courses (ATAL).
- Department Association: ARMS(Association of Revolutionary Mechanical Scholars).
- In house CRT Training.
- Conduct of Workshops, Training Programs & Symposiums.
- Expert / Guest Lectures.
- Good Alumni network.
- Quarterly- Department Magazine, (MANAARMS).
- Career Guidance & Counseling.
- Hosting Co-curricular & Extra- curricular Activities for girl students by Women Empowerment cell.
- Active participation of staff & students in NPTEL SWAYAM.